The Residency School of Pediatrics of the University of Rome Tor Vergata is led by Professor Paolo Rossi, its headquarter is the Academic Department of Pediatrics of the Institute of Treatment and Research Bambino Gesù Children’s Hospital. For the Academic Year 2018-2019 the Residency School has 20 open positions.
The institutions connected to the educational network are the Department of Neonatology of the Casilino Hospital and the Department of Pediatrics of the Tor Vergata Hospital.
The educational network and the expertise of the Faculty lead the residents to satisfy the necessity of practical and theoretical education through customized learning paths.
At the end of the first three years, the Residency School offers the three professional paths, foreseen by the current legislation, that the future pediatrician can choose: general pediatrician of primary or territorial care, pediatrician of secondary-hospital care, specialist pediatrician.
The programme is articulated in a blended education modality, with face-to-face and e-learning classes, diagnostic-therapeutic theoretical exercises, journal clubs, discussions of multidisciplinary clinical cases,
practical learning, seminars and monographic courses, polythematic symposia, research grand rounds.
The Residency School is provided with a VLE Platform with Logbook and certification of the theoretical and practical activities validated by professors and tutors.
Residents are encouraged to participate to the numerous National and International Research projects in which the Residency School is involved: they have the opportunity attend the Institutional Research Laboratories and to spend training periods in prestigious foreign affiliated Institutions.
- DEA - Emergency Area
- DEA – Emergency pediatrics
- General Pediatrics
- Rare Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Clinical Trial Center
- Pathological Anatomy
- Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Molecular Biology
- Child Surgery
- Molecular Clinic
- Pediatric Diabetology
- Imaging Diagnostic and Radiotherapy
- Business Economics
- Medical Genetics
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- General and Applied Hygiene
- Immunology of transplants
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Skin and venereal diseases
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system
- Diseases of the visual apparatus
- Infetious Diseases
- Metabolic Diseases
- Sport Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Legal Medicine
- Microbiology and Clinical microbiology
- Child Neurospychiatry
- Pediatric Oncology
- Emergency Pediatrics
- General and Specialized Pediatrics
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Clinical Psicology
- Developmental Psychology and Educational Psychology
- General, Clinical and Pediatric Nursing Sciences
- Technical Science of Laboratory Medicine
- Medical Statistics