Therapeutic education in children and adolescents for the treatment of obesity and its complications. A new methodology for clinical practice
- Chair Stefano Cianfarani
- Coordinator Maria Rita Spreghini
Therapeutic Education is an approach that, from the patient's resouces and needs, without pushing on guilt, motivates him/her towards a healthier lifestyle.
Main objectives of the Course are:
- Develop skills about therapeutic education (to know, to motivate, to communicate, tp change)
- Acquire new skills on the obesity treatment and its complications
- Effectively motivate the patient and his/her family to change habits towards a healthy lifestyle
- Retain the patient and develop a trust-based relationship with him/her and the family
The Course is ideated to give the professional new care strategies and an olistic approach, based on the up-to-date scientific literature in the field.
- Clinical Government
- Is obesity an inflammatory disease?
- Epidemiology of obesity
- The daily difficulties in managing the obese patient with his family
- Therapeutic Education: from theory to clinical practice
- Diagnostic approach to the obese child-adolescent
- Endocrine and genetic obesity
- Obesity, insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism
- Obesity, diabetes and Therapeutic Education
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and obesity
- Obesity, dyslipidemia and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: new frontiers
- Obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular risk and kidney damage
- Bone metabolism and obese patient
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome Night apnea (OSAS) and obesity
- New food disorders of childhood
- DCA and Obesity how to intervene with therapeutic education
- Obesity, hypertension and physical-sporting activity. From diagnosis to certification
- Physical activity program for the obese
- Pharmacological therapy in patients with obesity and therapeutic education compared: advantages and disadvantages
The Course costs: € 1.500 (for 12 months)
Payment will be split in 2 installments (see announcement of the current academic year)
Installments can be paid at UniCredit bank or via online payment: https://online-retail.unicredit.it/ibx/web/public/universityTaxes.jsp?url=confirm&univ=vergata&action=pagù
We remind you to validate your payment online: https://delphi.uniroma2.it/totem/jsp/index.jsp
The Advanced Course lasts 12 months.
The educational activity foresees 20 ECTS. In presence and e-learning didactics, stages at affiliated institutions, guided exercitations and frequency of dedicated didactic laboratories.
Enrolment to university courses (or equivalent), finalized in developing professional skills in the medical field, wheter in Italy or abroad, gives the right to be exempted from ECM training. The lenght of the exemption cannot exceed the legal duration of the course and must coincide with the period of attendance.
The exemption does not give you credits, buti t reduces the mandatory individual training.
The Advanced course is addressed to graduates in:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Human Nutrition Sciences
- Sports' Sciences and Techniques
- Medical, Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Biotechnologies
Foreigners, EU and non-EU citizens, currently resident in Italy with a regular working or studying visa can enroll to the Course.