Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Chair Stefano Cianfarani
- Coordinator Carla Bizzarri
The Master offers a theorical and practical education, targeted for the needs of professionals.
The course is articulated in a blended modality (face-to-face and e-learnening classes), throught multidisciplinary educational paths.
The Master aims in educating professional figures who can perform the clinical and research activity with certified competencies.
Getting this degree allows the professional to compete for positions at national and international level, having a curriculum that meets all the competencies required by the Syllabus, recognized and approved by the European Society of Pediatric Endocrinology.
- Clinical governance
- Pathophysiology of hormone action
- Molecular biology of the endocrine system
- Anatomy and embryology of the endocrine system
- Endocrinology of fetal development
- Endocrine consequences of chronic diseases
- Laboratory principles and methods
- Genetics of endocrine disorders
- Physiology and disorders of growth
- Physiology and disorders of puberty
- Physiology and disorders of thyroid
- Physiology and disorders of adrenal glands
- Endocrine disruptors
- Obesity and metabolic disorders
- Disorders of calcium-phosphorus equilibrium
- Disorders of water and electrolyte equilibrium
- Autoimmune polyendocrinopathies
- Paraneoplastic syndromes
- Psychological impact of endocrine chronic diseases
- Principles of biostatistics and evidence-based medicine
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Hypoglycaemia and insulinomas
- Genetic syndromes and endocrine disorders
- Imaging of the endocrine disorders
- Disorders of sex development
- Hormones and sport performance
The Master costs: € 3.500 (for two years of the course)
Payment will be split in 4 installments (see announcement of the current academic year)
The University and the PagoPA system Membership and functioning of the PagoPA system The legislation relating to payments to the Public Administration obliges public administrations, including universities, to receive the relevant payments through the system called PagoPA promoted by the Agency for Digital Italy (AGID) of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers. The PagoPA payment notice can be paid through various channels (credit card, at bank branches, tobacconists, etc.). PagoPA is an electronic payment system designed to make any payment to the Public Administration simpler, safer and more transparent. The legislation relating to payments to the Public Administration obliges public administrations, including universities, to receive the relevant payments through this system. PagoPa allows you to pay through a variety of channels, physical or online. The student receives the payment notice at the end of the normal enrollment / enrollment / subsequent installments / competitions / access test procedures. The PagoPA notice contains the Payment Notice Code, the QR Code and the Interbank Code (CBILL circuit) that allow you to pay easily. Once you have received the PagoPa notice, you can pay with different methods: - online by credit card by connecting to the website http://utov.it/pagopa - via APP IO of PAgoPA if you have SPID credentials - via home / mobile banking through the CBILL circuit or members of the PagoPA system - at all bank branches or ATMs that allow you to pay through the CBILL circuit or members of the PagoPA system - in the Sisal / Lottomatica betting shops It is possible to pay the PagoPA bulletin at Poste Italiane counters. Attached is a special guide (in Italian and English).
The Master’s degree lasts two years.
The educational activity foresees 60 ECTS. In presence and e-learning didactics, stages at affiliated institutions, guided exercitations and frequency of dedicated didactic laboratories.
Enrolment to university courses (or equivalent), finalized in developing professional skills in the medical field, wheter in Italy or abroad, gives the right to be exempted from ECM training. The lenght of the exemption cannot exceed the legal duration of the course and must coincide with the period of attendance.
The exemption does not give you credits, buti t reduces the mandatory individual training.
The Master is addressed to Medicine graduates (preferred if holding a Residency in Endocrinology or Pediatrics).
Foreigners, EU and non-EU citizens, currently resident in Italy with a regular working or studying visa can enroll to the Master.