- Chair Andrea Finocchi
- Coordinator Lucia Fusco
The Course is finalized to reach upgrade and qualification in Pediatric Electroencephalography.
The Course foresees distance training, an internship and practical activities, to be performed at the Neurophisiology Unit of Bambino Gesù Children’s Hospital.
The course has got the objective to develop the specific competencies for the identification of:
- EEG waking and sleep phisiological patterns of the neonatal, young-adult age
- EEG pathological patterns, focal and/or generic, of the focal lesional pathologies and epilepsies
- EEG pathological patterns of the metabolic, infectious, anorexia, severe and mild encephalopathies
- Electroclincal patterns of the most common epilepsy crisis and syndromes
- Clinical Governance
- CNS Malformations, Neurocutaneous syndromes
- Neonatal Neurology
- Metabolic and Neurodegenerative diseases
- CNS Infectious pathologies
- Epilepsy and Cephalalgy
- Neurological emergencies
- Cognitive neurosciences, behavioral and neurodevelopmental disturbs
- NS Tumors
- Hereditary and inflammatory neuropathies, myopathies and pathologies of the neuromuscular transmission
- CNS vascular injuries
- Movement disorders
- CNS inflammatory diseases and demyelinating disease
NB:Due to the temporary suspension of frequencies at the Bambino Gesù Children's Hospital, caused by the ongoing national health emergency, , an in-depth online lesson is available, conducted by Prof. Lucia Fusco, on the Zoom platform. To receive the link, contact Prof. Fusco via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Governance
- Elements of Pediatrics
- Brain maturation from childhood to adolescence: the normal EEG, sleep / wake cycle, nonspecific abnormal pattern
- The newborn and premature: physiological and pathological EEG pattern
- EEG in vascular and inflammatory encephalopathies
- EEG in congenital and acquired metabolic encephalopathies
- Epileptic encephalopathies: syndromes and diseases
- Age-related epileptic syndromes: EEG in Idiopathic epilepsies
- EEG in epileptic syndormes associated with intellectual disability
- Status epilepticus: recognition of etiology and EEG pattern
- Coma and brain death
The Course costs: € 1.500 (for twelve months)
Payment will be split in 2 installments (see announcement of the current academic year)
The University and the PagoPA system Membership and functioning of the PagoPA system The legislation relating to payments to the Public Administration obliges public administrations, including universities, to receive the relevant payments through the system called PagoPA promoted by the Agency for Digital Italy (AGID) of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers. The PagoPA payment notice can be paid through various channels (credit card, at bank branches, tobacconists, etc.). PagoPA is an electronic payment system designed to make any payment to the Public Administration simpler, safer and more transparent. The legislation relating to payments to the Public Administration obliges public administrations, including universities, to receive the relevant payments through this system. PagoPa allows you to pay through a variety of channels, physical or online. The student receives the payment notice at the end of the normal enrollment / enrollment / subsequent installments / competitions / access test procedures. The PagoPA notice contains the Payment Notice Code, the QR Code and the Interbank Code (CBILL circuit) that allow you to pay easily. Once you have received the PagoPa notice, you can pay with different methods: - online by credit card by connecting to the website http://utov.it/pagopa - via APP IO of PAgoPA if you have SPID credentials - via home / mobile banking through the CBILL circuit or members of the PagoPA system - at all bank branches or ATMs that allow you to pay through the CBILL circuit or members of the PagoPA system - in the Sisal / Lottomatica betting shops It is possible to pay the PagoPA bulletin at Poste Italiane counters. Attached is a special guide (in Italian and English).
The Course lasts twelve months.
The educational activity foresees 20 ECTS.
Enrolment to university courses (or equivalent), finalized in developing professional skills in the medical field, wheter in Italy or abroad, gives the right to be exempted from ECM training. The lenght of the exemption cannot exceed the legal duration of the course and must coincide with the period of attendance.
The exemption does not give you credits, buti t reduces the mandatory individual training.
The advanced Course is addressed to Medicine graduates holding a Residency in (one of the following):
- Child Neuropsychiatry