Cochlear implants and implantable protheses in deaf treatment: from child to adult
- Chair Stefano Di Girolamo
- Coordinator Pasquale Marsella
The technological innovations in the field of hearing aid and cochlear implantology revolutionized the treatment of deep deafness for which there were any therapeutic solutions, finding huge application also in the pediatric field.
The Course aims to make the learner acquire up-to-date competencies and skills in the field of diagnoses and tratment of the hearing loss, with focus on the techniques of cochlear implantology and prosthetic rehabilitation, giving optimal working ad commercial perspectives.
- Introduction to the course
- Sensorineural hearing loss: epidemiology, etiopathogenesis, classification
- Conductive hearing loss and otodysplasia: epidemiology, etiopathogenesis, classification
- Diagnostic approach to hearing loss in the different age ranges
- The development of children with hearing loss
- Cochlear implants: indications and surgery
- Cochlear implants: technical characteristics and models
- Cochlear implants: intra-operative telemetry and post-operative fitting
- Technical characteristics of bone conduction hearing aids
- Bone conduction hearing aids: indications, surgery and fitting
- Middle ear implants
- Multidisciplinary rehabilitation
The Master costs: € 2.000 (for twelve months of the Course)
Payment will be split in 2 installments (see announcement of the current academic year)
Installments can be paid at UniCredit bank or via online payment: https://online-retail.unicredit.it/ibx/web/public/universityTaxes.jsp?url=confirm&univ=vergata&action=pagù
We remind you to validate your payment online: https://delphi.uniroma2.it/totem/jsp/index.jsp
The Course lasts twelve.
The educational activity foresees 20 ECTS. In presence and e-learning didactics, stages at affiliated institutions, guided exercitations and frequency of dedicated didactic laboratories.
Enrolment to university courses (or equivalent), finalized in developing professional skills in the medical field, wheter in Italy or abroad, gives the right to be exempted from ECM training. The lenght of the exemption cannot exceed the legal duration of the course and must coincide with the period of attendance.
The exemption does not give you credits, buti t reduces the mandatory individual training.
Bachelor Degree in Audioprosthetic Techniques.
Enrolment to the Course is compatible with other degrees if the Commission approves it.
Auditors are allowed for the selected modules.